Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Neti Pot

I'm still not feeling great. It's ironic, really. I lost my voice completely last week. I felt perfectly fine though. I sure got a lot of sympathy. Today my voice is almost completely back to normal...and it's the worst I've felt. I finally broke down and called a doctor. I didn't even have a local doctor, but when my cough started traveling down into my chest, I decided it was time.

Last night I decided to take some preventative action (ok, I should've probably started this last week, but that's not the point), and I decided to try the Neti Pot. I had heard about this from people at work, and they all claimed it works, so I figured it couldn't hurt. I had no idea how awkward this was going to feel. You literally pour this solution into one nostril, it goes all through your sinuses, and drains out the other nostril, along with all of the nastiness that is clogging your sinuses. Sound disgusting? That's because it is. But I have to say I felt so much better! At least I could breathe. The coughing is another story and the reason I'm going to the doctor. I do recommend the Neti Pot if you just feel like you are all clogged up though.

As I'm blogging, here is the scene on my couch:

Aren't they all so cute? :)

0 comments: