Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, Jimmy and I decided we wanted to be really low-key. I love having a good date with my husband and even getting a little dressed up and going somewhere nice, but this year I kinda fell into the whole idea of Valentine's Day being too commercialized. I just think Jimmy and I have such an amazing relationship, and we shouldn't celebrate our love so much more just because it's a day we're supposed to. Anyway, since V-Day was on a Sunday, we kinda had a weekend of celebration, or lack thereof.

Yesterday, we had a Community Group Girls Day Out. (I wrote that like it was an official name...I just made it up. But I think I will make it the official title for all future outings) We went to see the brand new release called Valentine's Day:
As you can see, this was jam-packed with stars. Luckily for me, I really like most of the actors/actresses too. It was a very cute movie, funny, and mostly light-hearted. Since there are so many characters, there wasn't time to get deep and fully develop any of the stories because that would just be the longest movie on earth. But I liked how the stories all started overlapping, and I'm glad we went. We all decided it was probably good that we didn't make the guys go :)

Last night, Jimmy and I decided to go all out romantic: Big Truck Tacos! We'd heard about it from numerous friends and loved it! Hunter and Haley joined us, and we love hanging out with those two. The queso was excellent, which is my favorite! We then made a trip to Cuppies and Joe for a cupcake dessert. Loved it! It was a perfect Valentine's date for us.

Today we had a great day at church, then went to our favorite Sunday location, Aja Bleu, for some more excellent food. We have spent the rest of our day loving on our dogs, talking about our future, and just enjoying our life together. You know...what Valentine's Day should be all about:)

0 comments: