Friday, February 5, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I was reading another blog earlier in the week, and she was talking about simple pleasures. I love simple things, and her post inspired me to make my own list of simple pleasures. (of course, she had one of those fancy Mcklinky's that I don't know how to do yet since I'm still learning this blog thing) I think it's important to realize what things make you happy and be thankful for them. So here I go--in no particular order:

*the smell of rain
*a cup of coffee with a good friend
*hitting green lights
*hugging my husband
*a really hot shower
*the smell of cinnamon rolls baking...or pretty much any baked good:)
*a good movie
*being at the beach
*having a clean house
*watching my dogs play together, especially when they pounce or leap like deer
*hearing a song that takes me back to a particular time in my life
*seeing a rainbow
*Gerbera daisies
*marking things off my "to do" list
*when Jimmy scratches my head
*the sound of a bouncing basketball in an empty gymnasium
*snuggling with my dogs

You may have noticed that none of these involved things I love eating. That's because I love eating, and it could've easily turned into a list called "Eating Pleasures"....which, who knows, I may just do in the future :)

Yes, I know I'm a little weird. I'm okay with it.

0 comments: