Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl

I'm really upset with myself. We had a really fun Super Bowl party with our Community Group, and I was determined to take my camera and get some pictures. We have so many fun events, and I always wish later I had pictures. So the Super Bowl was gonna be the night...until I forgot my camera. So irritated.


But the night was really fun. The Coffman's bought a new house awhile ago, WAY out of town, and wanted to host one of our events. This one was perfect! They had much more space for everyone to get around and watch TV. They were great hosts! Like all our our CG events, we had an abundance of food. And as usual, I made many trips to the food table and tried to pace myself throughout the game so I could try it all! I almost got through it, but there was just way too much, and I loved it all. I love any time we spend as a group. We have really bonded, and I just have so much fun with all of them. They've really become some of my closest friends and it's always wonderful to find so many strong, Christian people that can all connect with each other and grow together.

As for the actual game, it was a close one this year. The Saints came out the big winners! I have to admit, I was cheering for Peyton and the Colts. But seriously, I am a Saints fan too, so there wasn't really a bad outcome for me. Plus, like everyone is saying, it's a huge thing for the city of New Orleans, so I'm really happy for them. Not to mention, they totally deserved it. They just looked better at key points in the game.

And more importantly.....the commercials! What a letdown this year! Either I'm getting more particular in my old age, or the level of humor is just not what it used to be. I have declared Doritos my official winners of the 2010 commercial competition. They had quite a few funny ones. And here is my favorite:

0 comments: