Monday, January 11, 2010

Prayer and Fasting

This week at People's Church is our week of prayer and fasting. I'll be the first to admit that I hate fasting. I'm a huge fan of food and eating! If you know me, you can attest to that. But I do believe that awesome things can come from prayer and fasting. So it's my first time to actually do this. Last year, I attempted it and had a breakdown. Literally. And Jimmy laughed at me. I probably would've done the same if the roles were reversed! I was a mess! Anyway, I'm mostly doing the Daniel fast, along with completely fasting some meals. Jimmy is doing the same thing, which I'm so grateful for because if he was chowing down on a cheeseburger in front of me, I'd be very irritated. But I'm very excited about what God is going to do in our lives and through our church as a result of this! Many people from our community group have also chosen to fast various things, which I think is awesome. And at this point, I'm not nearly as hungry as I thought I'd be. In fact, now that my body is being deprived of crappy food and I'm flushing out all the toxins, it actually makes me think twice about some of the stuff I eat too often.

I'm not going to lie though...I'm very much looking forward to eating whatever I want again. We already have our meals picked out for next week! This is the most involved Jimmy has ever been in meal planning :)

0 comments: