Friday, January 15, 2010

OU Symposium

I have had a pretty busy day off! It all started with obtaining some CEU's. One of the joys of being an athletic trainer. I always try to attend the OU Annual Symposium because it's a free way to get some hours. In the last two years, they've made the content much more tailored to orthos, so it's very difficult for me to pay attention to some of the lectures. However, I'm very glad I went! I got to see many old friends from SWOSU and McBride. I love catching up with these people. As much as I love my job, I do miss the athletic training environment, and of course, all of my ATC friends. The atmosphere is something I didn't appreciate until I left the profession. I can't really explain it. And I'm sure that many people feel the same way around people they work with. I feel that way now about others who are involved in ministry. There is just so much that people don't understand until they live through it and experience it. Same with athletic training.

On a side note, Oklahoma had 2 more earthquakes today. Apparently Jones, OK has become a common epicenter for earthquakes. It's just so weird to me. Oklahoma has every other type of strange weather, but now we get to start worrying about earthquakes too. They are becoming more frequent. And what is so strange to me is that I have yet to feel one. It said on the news tonight that people felt today's all the way in Tulsa. I know I was in Norman...but still. It just seems like I would've have felt something. Maybe I'm just crazy.

0 comments: