Sunday, January 24, 2010

Learning Faith

During the church-wide fast that we recently did, I started learning a lot about myself. I spent some time asking God to show me my weaknesses and how I needed to improve on those. I have always known that one of the things that I need to do better is but my complete trust and faith in the Lord. It's fairly easy to do when things are going great. It's also very easy advice to give out. Anytime life is going bad....trust God, put your faith in the Lord, He will provide and take care of you. I say these things all the time. It's much harder to actually do. For me, at least. I am very aware that I like to be in control of things in my life. I do not like being totally dependent on anyone. I like planning, I like knowing, I like control. And I know that when you put your total faith in God, giving up these things becomes essential. So I asked God to help me with this. Little did I know how much He would stretch me :) I'm learning faith. I'm learning to trust. I'm learning to give up control, because I now realize I never had it in the first place. This season of life will be good for me, and I'm trying not to stress as I do so easily. Instead I am trying to embrace this part of my life and look forward to all of the awesome things that will happen.

0 comments: