Monday, September 20, 2010

Lately...

So I'll start with what I ended my last post talking about.  It has now been so long ago, but Jimmy's mom, sister, and nephew came to visit us in August.  They came for Watonga Days, and we were so excited to get to spend some time with them.  We've only been around his nephew, Ramerio, once before, and that was last October, so we were very excited to spend some more time with him.  He is SUCH a cutie, but I may be biased because he looks identical to Jimmy's baby pictures.  I didn't get all of the good pictures uploaded, but here's one:

He only spent a few days with us, but I'm pretty sure we were both completely in love with this kid :) He was infatuated with his uncle and did not like being away from him at all.  He stayed with us every night while his mom got a little break in Watonga, and he only got upset and cried if Jimmy left the room.  It was crazy how completely attached he became to Jimmy in such a short amount of time.  I'm pretty sure Jimmy was just as attached too.  He turned 19 months during their visit.  He also became pretty good friends with Cassius.  By the time they left he and Cassius would just follow each other around as he yelled, no no Cassius!  So cute!  We miss him like crazy!

It is officially football season!  Thank goodness!!  I've missed it!  Now if the weather would just cool off...
With football season comes fantasy football.  Yes, I'm a total fanatic of fantasy football, although so far my teams are struggling, and it has been frustrating for me.  I have players that are good, solid performers and they just haven't put up big numbers in the first two weeks.  Of my 3 teams combined, over the last 2 weeks, I've only won one game.  Upsetting.  I'm going to have to ask some of them to step up and live up to their hype.

In addition to my fantasy teams struggling, I'm a little concerned about my OU Sooners.  We are 3-0, but struggled against Utah State and Air Force...huh?  I didn't see either game, but that doesn't seem like it should be happening.  I am encouraged by the way we throttled Florida State.  I just hope we play more like that in the future.  

Pregnancy update: I'm still pregnant, still getting bigger every day, still feeling my baby girl move around more and more frequently.  Still have acne, have developed heartburn, and my feet have started to swell if I overdo it.  But the good still by far outweighs the bad.  I am 31 weeks along and still not much more prepared than I was a month ago!  I called to join the birthing classes, and they informed me they could get me in during December...um, that probably won't help me much!  So I'm going to have to do some research myself I guess.  I'm sure I'll survive no matter what, but I just feel like I should prepare myself a little.  I'm sure I'll post pictures of my nursery someday, but it is so far from looking like a nursery right now that it's ridiculous. Eh, it'll happen eventually.

The Great State Fair of Oklahoma is in full swing!  We went on opening night to partake in the goodness that is called fair food!  I am slightly embarrassed at the amount that I ate, but I of course had to get the fried cheese on a stick.  Yummy.  I can't describe how much I love those things, and I really don't understand why you can't get them anywhere else at any other time of year.  The only crazy thing I tried this year was the chocolate covered bacon.  Not terrible actually.  It tasted like salty chocolate and there wasn't much bacon flavor.  I wouldn't go back and spend money on it though.  

This is season premiere week for all of the good TV shows, and I'm pretty excited.  Tonight was the premiere of The Event.  NBC has been promoting this like crazy and I had no clue what it was about.  I hadn't seen any real previews or read anything on it, so I thought I'd watch just to see.  Well, I still have no clue what it's about!  But it sucked me in.  I was thoroughly confused the first 30 minutes or so.  Things started coming together a little bit toward the end, but you end up with more questions than answers, and I'm fairly confident that is how the entire season will go.  The last thing I need is to watch another TV show, but I'm pretty intrigued.  I'm a little upset that it interferes with Monday Night Football though.  We'll see if I decide to keep watching.

We are having a couples baby shower and another baby shower this weekend.  I'm so excited to see all my friends!  Hopefully I'll be motivated to take some pictures and update my blog afterward :)

0 comments: