Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby Shower Weekend

Last weekend, our friends threw us 2 different showers.  We were surrounded by so many friends, and they were both better than I could've imagined!  We have the most incredible friends, and everyone was so awesome to us.  God continues to show us how blessed we are!

First up was a couple's shower at the Bradt's on Friday night.  They are THE most generous and thoughtful couple.  We had an Italian feast.  She made her homemade spaghetti sauce and the most beautiful cheesecake!  I am terrible and forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures of all of our friends...but check out this cheesecake!


My other shower was Sunday after church at the Hughes' house.  I had so many friends show up!  I felt like a very lucky and loved girl.  Again, I didn't take my camera.  I need to work on that.  Seriously.  But I did get some pictures from people smart enough to remember their cameras:
Here are all of my beautiful hostesses with me behind the yummy food!  From left: Staci, Heather, me, Erika, Christina, Mindy, Nicole, and Teryn.  I love these girls!  They were so great to me!

And another cake!  I'm pregnant, so I can get excited about cake.  This one was tres leches though, made by Yvette, who made our wedding cakes.  I LOVE tres leches cake!  I know that not everyone does.  But it's so moist and not too sweet...mmmm....

Pile of presents!  Told ya, I'm a lucky girl.

One of the games they played was having everyone make a baby with Play-Doh.  I was supposed to pick a winner...and had no idea how hard it would be!  Some of these babies were DETAILED!  I couldn't believe how cute some of them turned out:

The orange baby in this bottom picture was the winner.  She was super detailed.  Check out the bent legs.  Wow.  And you can't tell from this view, but she also had fingers, toes, and was realistic EVERYWHERE.  Nice job, Holly.

Becca (my sister), me, JFlem (or the other Jessica, whose last name is no longer Fleming), and Leah.  Aww, sweet SWOSU memories with these girls.

As you can see, it was a great day filled with great friends and family!  Like I said, Jimmy and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.  We are really so appreciative!

Now we get to find places to put all this great stuff.....

0 comments: