Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I am 14 weeks pregnant today.  Crazy!  It seems like I've known forever, but yet it seems like it's going so quickly too.  I'm officially in my 2nd trimester :)  I hear this one is the best, so I'm pretty excited about that.  I can't complain too much though.  Pregnancy has been pretty good to me so far, compared to a lot of people I guess.  Fatigue was my major complaint, and that hasn't completely gone away.  It has gotten better, but I still have days where I feel like I'm just counting down the hours til bedtime.  The nausea I was having has mostly subsided.  


I am starting to gain weight.  Yes, I'm aware that this happens, and I'm fine with that!  I'm just in the uncomfortable in-between stage where no one can tell I'm pregnant, but it's obvious I'm gaining weight.  I'm ready for the baby bump!  I did finally break down yesterday and buy a few pairs of stretchy pants.  I also got one of those lap bands that I can wear with my jeans that fit, other than the fact I can't button them.  Hopefully that'll work out for me and get me by for awhile!  

As far as food, I'm not really having weird cravings or aversions.  I don't crave strange foods, but I have been going through different stages where I crave a certain food all of the time for a week or two.  One week it was cottage cheese, one week it was eggs, one week it was grilled cheese sandwiches.  And for aversions...there's only one strange thing: my favorite gum was spearmint flavored.  Suddenly, it doesn't taste the same.  Sad!  I guess it could be a lot worse.

I'm starting to get anxious to know the sex.  I know I have about a month left, but I just want to know.  I've taken some gender prediction tests, and they are pretty split.  Most are saying a boy.  Everyone tells me that I should have an instinct.  At first, my definite instinct was a girl.  I had dreams about my baby girl.  Now that has changed to dreams of my baby boy.  So my instincts aren't really working out for me either.  Guess I'll have to just be patient and wait on the next ultrasound and hope that my baby isn't being modest that day :)

Pregnancy really is a miracle!  The changes my body is going through are unreal.  I've never really known all that a woman's body has to go through.  Like I already said, I have had a great pregnancy overall so I'm not complaining.  It is just really strange to feel my body change so much.  It's also an emotional adjustment.  Again, I think I have been lucky as far as mood swings.  Jimmy might argue, but I really don't think I have been too crazy!  I have gone through every internal emotion though.  That part has also gotten better, but I think there's so much to get used to when you're preparing to be a parent.  A baby will change our lives forever, and I know it will be the greatest thing that has ever happened to us!

0 comments: