Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catching Up

Ugh!  I know I'm inconsistent at blogging, but I have had really good intentions the last month or so, and our internet has been messed up at our house.  So, again, I'm way behind, and I'm missing all of Jestyn's firsts.  I'm going to attempt to catch up over the next few posts.  I'm sure many pictures will follow :)

Jestyn has taken over our lives, and we love it!  I can't imagine my life without her now.  It is so crazy how much a baby can take over your life in such a short amount of time.  Our house has been taken over by baby stuff, our schedules revolve around her, and she consumes all of my time.  She has been such a great baby though!  We are so blessed, and we know it.  I could go on and on about her cute faces and sweet noises and funny moments...and I probably will since this is my blog!  Ha!  I just want to bottle up everything about her, so I never forget any little part of her.  One thing that almost everyone says is that she is very alert for a young baby.  We have multiple pictures of her wide awake and smiling, which is so rare for her age.  I love that she is alert though!  I really think that she's advanced, and I'm not biased at all!

Here she is in the hospital still.  Looking back now, she is so tiny and has changed so much already!  We got her dressed up for some pictures that someone comes around and takes then wants you to purchase.  And of course she woke up and was a photogenic little cutie :)


I love this one of her in her daddy's hands.  

Coming home from the hospital.  She was really unsure of that car seat at first!

At first, every time we'd put her in the seat, she'd sit like a little rabbit!  I don't know what that was all about, but here's another of her doing that:
So funny!  She's gotten very used to her seat since then and is a great traveler.  She loves when the car is moving.  Her daddy was the same way when he was a baby.  Just don't get stuck at a stop light when she's cranky.  She will let you know!

Once we got home, I had many little photo shoots with her.  

5 days after she was born, we took her to Bartlesville for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  It was pretty soon to travel, but she did great and momma got some sleep while everyone else tended to her every need!  She has been so spoiled because she has so many friends and family who just can't get enough of her.  Here is how she spent most of our time at Thanksgiving.

Although, when she woke up, she was smiling for momma:)

And she got to take part in something really special.  We have 5 generations right now in our family, so we captured it.  When I was a small baby, I was in a 5-generation picture too, so I have now been in two.  That is rare, but my dad was in a 5-generation picture when he was a small baby, so now he's been in three.  That is unheard of and very cool!

Here is the first time I washed her hair.  It was not completely fun...ok, she hated it...
 ...but afterward she calmed down and looked so cute!

Her first bath was just as rough.  She hated it too.
So dramatic.  I am happy to report that the 2nd time we did both, she was much calmer and has been since.  She actually loves getting her hair washed.  I think she likes to be pampered :)

Here is another morning that we just laid in bed and had picture time.  Her daddy was talking to her, and I love the way she looks at him.  She has turned toward both of our voices since coming home, and it melts our hearts that she knows her parents.

Our dogs have been so great with her too.  They are very protective of their sister already, especially if she starts crying.  They both get very worried about her.  Cassius always wants to be right beside her.

This one is blurry, but I caught her laughing. 

These next few were another morning that we were just laying around and she was making the funniest expressions!
and my favorite of that morning...
...such a sweet smile:) 

0 comments: