Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break Update

I really planned on getting more consistent with blog posts.  Looks like that didn't really happen.  I've got to try to do better.

Last week was Spring Break in Oklahoma.  I sure do wish that still affected me :) I guess it did in a way.  My sister is a teacher so she came to spend some time with us.  It was great having her here, and my dogs sure loved having her here too!  We didn't get to do much of anything exciting, but I'm pretty sure she just enjoyed sleeping in.

Later in the week, I FINALLY got to go see my best friend from high school, Heather, and her precious new baby, Hadlea.  I'm not biased or anything, but Hadlea is one beautiful kid.


Look at those eyes!  On Friday, Heather worked from home, so I volunteered to play with this cutie all day.  She was such a fun baby!  We played a lot, ate a lot, and slept a little.  It was definitely not a huge sacrifice, and I can't wait to see them again!  Here's one of me and my new little friend:

On my way home, the Spring Break Storm hit.  Of course, we'd heard about it all week, but I was really hoping the weathermen would be wrong.  Not so much.  We got snow...again.  As I think I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of snow ever.  If I have to have it, I prefer it on Christmas day or if I'm skiing on it.  Other than that, I'm good with sun.  So I really didn't love it the day after it was 70 degrees!!  Only in Oklahoma can you have 70 degree weather one day and 6 inches of snow the next day.

Before the snow came, Jimmy brought our niece and nephew, Breylen and Braden, to our house to spend the weekend.  We were hoping for some fun, outdoor activity with them.  Since that was no longer an option, we opted for some bowling and rented movies.  By our second game of bowling, they were both really into it, and Breylen even beat me.  She doesn't know yet how much I love revenge.  We love having them with us, and hope they can come back soon for some warm weather fun.

Jimmy has been keeping busy with Primerica and all of the exciting things that are happening in the business right now.  I think the next couple of months are going to be good for us, and he has been working really hard.  I'm so proud of him!

0 comments: