Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Recap

The Acadamy Awards just ended, so here is my quick recap:

YAY for Sandra Bullock!  She looked gorgeous, and although I haven't seen all of the movies for the other nominees, I absolutely loved her in The Blind Side!  She looked gorgeous tonight, and I am just so happy for her.  I have been a fan of hers for years and I was definitely rooting for her.

A runner-up in the Best Actress category, is the Precious Gabourey Sidibe. (I know, awful pun)  I haven't see the movie yet, but I have seen her do numerous interviews, and you've gotta love the girl!  She is so sweet and apparently the complete opposite of her character.  She was just a regular college student, and her first movie gets her an Oscar nomination.  Just incredible.  I also think she looked beautiful tonight, and I hope we see more of her in the future.

The biggest surprise of the night for me was that Avatar didn't win the Best Picture category.  I'd heard some people speculate that The Hurt Locker may win, but I didn't think it ever would.  Again, I haven't seen it, so I was judging without all the facts.  But it just seemed like an upset to me.  I definitely want to see this movie now.  The director for this movie, Kathryn Bigelow, also won for Best Director, which is the first time this award has ever gone to a woman.  I also think it's ironic that she beat out James Cameron, the director of Avatar, who is her ex-husband. 

To be honest, I don't really watch or care about much during the Academy Awards, except the Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Actor/Actress, and Best Picture. 

I also like to scrutinize the dresses, although I don't consider myself even slightly fashionable.  I loved both of the ladies above, Kate Winslet was a classic beauty, Demi Moore was fun (although I think people might not like this one), Mariska Hargitay, Queen Latifah, and Faith Hill were all great, but I think my favorite overall was...Cameron Diaz!  I'm not sure why, but I just loved this look on her:

Of course, there were also some I didn't think were great.  And I'm very sad to say that my least favorite was Charlize Theron.  I usually love her, but what was she thinking?  Love the color, but she has to know how weird this looks, right?

0 comments: