Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Community Group Fun Night

Have I mentioned how much I love my community group from church?  Well, I do.  I love the time we spend together, the relationships that have formed, the discussions we have, the support and comfort we give each other during rough times, helping each other grow, and making each other better.  I also love our fun nights!  We try to be creative and do fun and different things.  Someone suggested awhile ago that we go to a murder mystery dinner as a group.  After checking on prices, we decided it costs more money than we wanted to spend, which was disappointing.  But we have a very talented writer in our group!  He stepped up and volunteered to write our scripts for us and create our own mystery.  I've never been to a murder mystery dinner, but I'd bet money that ours was so much better!  Thanks, Russell!

It was set in 1985, and we were all connected in some way to a record label.  The label had much success, but there were definitely conflicts amongst all of our characters.  Once our CEO was murdered, it was our job to discover who did it and why.  Bring it on!  I love a good mystery!

Of course, the women won!  Apparently the men started out their discussion picking the right murderer and talked themselves out of it.  Hmmm....too bad!  We also dressed in full 80s gear.  Can I just say that it is scary how many styles from the 80s are coming back?  I'm not exactly a fan.  Here are some pictures from that night:

After we called out our murderer, who was our deputy, we had to use his "handcuffs" on him!

Here are the ladies, aka the winners, with the criminal:

And the men.  The gracious second placers. "Losers" just sounds rude...but they were :)

And me and hubby decked out in some hot fashionable clothes!

2 comments:

Becca said...

haha! tommy looks like jimmy fallon in an snl skit. that's great!

A and Z said...

How am I just now finding out that you have a B-L-O-G?!?!? Yea!!!!!