Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's It Gonna Bee?!


Tonight was a big night!  We had a gender reveal party to find out the sex of our baby.  We went to do the ultrasound yesterday and everything looked perfect :)  All the measurements were good, and we have an active little baby.  It was waving and moving all around.  But when it came time to find out the sex, Jimmy and I looked away.  I was disciplined, even though I didn't want to be.  She wrote the sex down, put it in a sealed envelope, and Jimmy took it to a bakery.  They made a cake that had pink or blue icing on the inside so we couldn't see until we cut into it.  It was a complete surprise to everyone there.

My friends and sister put on such a fun party with the cutest theme: "What's It Gonna Bee?"  I LOVED it!
I was so ready to tear into that cake!  They made me be patient for awhile.  Not easy for me.  Not at all!  They asked everyone to wear pink or blue, depending on what they thought the sex would be.  We did not want to be bad parents who guessed wrong.  So we made pink/blue tie-dye shirts :)  Not the best shirts ever, but at least we wouldn't be wrong!

Finally, they told me I could cut into the cake.  I was supposed to cut a piece, but I had to be the first to see! This picture is a little blurry, but it's my initial reaction...yes, SHOCK!

I thought Jimmy looked, but he didn't.  So I made him look too.

I think that face is a combo of shock and excitement!  

It's a......

GIRL!!!!!  


Yay!  I really am very surprised, but I am much more excited than I could've imagined I would be with a girl.  I have always thought that I was made to be a mother to boys, but God must have a different idea :)  He always knows best, and I know we will be so thrilled with her.  
Plus Jimmy get's his daddy's girl, and that makes me very happy! 

3 comments:

Mama B said...

Just stumbled upon your blog :)

I wish I would of done a gender reveal party. Too fun!!! COngrats!

Heather said...

This just made me cry! I am so glad we will have little best friends! :) You are an amazing person, an amazing best friend and will make an amazing mother! And Jimmy will be an amazing daddy...just very over-protective like Justin! Ha! Love you so much! Let the decorating and cloth buying begin!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! This is the cutest party ever! I am so happy for you guys. I am like Heather and got tears in my eyes lol. God has blessed you so much and I know he will continue to bless you. Love you!
Adrina (soon to be Bolds) Carter