Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Ok, so I'm officially terrible at updating my blog.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe this week I'll do better because we actually have things going on in our lives :)

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads out there!  I am so lucky.  My dad is one of the best men I know, and I couldn't have asked for a better example while growing up.  He has always been my biggest support, my hero, and a Godly example of what a man should be for his family.  I realize more and more as I'm preparing to be a parent that my parents were so amazing.  I truly hope that I'm able to pass that on to my children.  My dad is spending Father's Day in one of his favorite places.  He's in Canada on a fishing trip which he has done for the past few summers, and I'm so glad that he's enjoying himself!

Happy first Father's Day to my husband too!  I am so ready to see what a wonderful father he will be!  I have always known that he will be incredible as a dad, and I just can't wait to see him in action.  He has been so excited during this pregnancy and so supportive of me and my complaining...although I don't think I've been bad at all!  He may disagree.  But I know he will be such a hands-on dad and everything my dad was to me.

So to update on our lives a little bit: I'm now 18 weeks along!  Crazy to think that I'm so close to halfway.  My little belly is starting to grow, but I haven't felt any movement yet.  I know it's still a little early, but I'm so anxious to feel my precious baby moving.

We also have a big week because we get to find out the sex of the baby!  I really thought as it came closer to time that I'd have a better idea...but I have no clue at all.  Like I said before, I started out thinking girl, then I was convinced it's a boy.  The last few weeks, I have just gone back and forth.  I know I'll be ecstatic about either, but I just don't have a clue.  Hopefully Baby J will cooperate and not decide to be shy this week!

0 comments: